I’ve been eating raw food for the last 5 days. I don’t really believe in those hipsters’ diets, but I decided to try it out to check if it is actually GREAT for the body and the mind. It is NOT.
The rule is simple: eat what you want as long as it is raw or cooked under a temperature of 42 degrees. This means you can’t have things such as potatoes; well, you can have them but you need to put them in the oven for at least 8 hours before they can be eaten. No, this is not doable if you have a job.
What have I been eating? Mostly green vegetables, I felt like a cow, feeding myself all they long, unable to work out as usual. I had to eat once every hour to survive.
I refused to make things such as zucchini’s lasagna or raw vegetarian hamburger; goddammit if you have to make those stuff then you are definitely not happy with your choice of having just raw food!!
The good things are that I’ve discovered some nice recipes(zucchinis with pesto sauce at bottom)and that I’ve lost 1kg in 4 days, so this diet is actually great if you want to loose weight, but it is bad for everything else!
Having a balanced diet is still the best choice you can take, please allow yourself to eat everything in the right doses.
Raw food people says the human body is not made for cooked food, this is bullshit: the human body is not made for industrial products or colourants or hormones used for feeding the animals we then eat, but it is absolutely made for consuming any kind of food.
Zucchini with pesto sauce(for 1):
- 1 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cloves garlic
- extra-virgin olive oil
What to do:
- Use a julienne peeler(if you don’t have it a potato peeler is fine)to slice the zucchini into noodles.
- Combine the basil and garlic in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Slowly add the olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula. Season with salt.
- Combine the zucchini noodles and pesto. Toss until zucchini noodles are well coated.